About this EventView map
The Indiana Department of Administration's (IDOA) Pickleball tournament will take place at 1 p.m. Monday, October 2 through Friday, October 6, on the top floor of the Washington St. Garage.
Perched above street level with a quintessential city backdrop, you and your partner have the opportunity to compete for the ultimate title of 2023 Indiana State Government Pickleball champion.
The entry fee is $20 per person. All proceeds will be donated to the Indiana Department of Administration's charity of choice for SECC, Crossroads Boy Scouts.
Once the field is full, teams will be assigned a date and time to complete.
Below are six basic things you need to know to play in the pickleball tournament:
1. A game begins when one team serves the pickleball from behind the baseline on the serving side.
The serve must be hit underhand (below the waist) and it should cross the net in the air and bounce one time in the square on the opposite side of the net.
2. The opposing team can return the serve after one bounce on their side of the court (you must let the ball bounce before you hit it.)
3. A return shot must also bounce one time in the serving team's court before they hit it.
4. From here, starting with the third shot, the ball can be hit back and forth across the net off the bounce or out of the air.
5. When one team fails to return the shot or the ball bounces twice on their side, play is over.