About this Event
The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) is partnering with ADvancing States to incorporate provider feedback and resume training webinars this fall with more useful and meaningful content for Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) long-term services and supports (LTSS) providers.
Today, HCBS LTSS providers submit claims through one portal. The FSSA is transitioning to a new system where HCBS LTSS providers have an opportunity to engage with more partners, which expands billing practices when services are rendered through a new partnership. In this session, we will talk through multiple pieces of the payment process that providers will experience with health plans, such as education and training of staff, billing timelines, claim submissions, and encounter data. In addition, the role of the individual service plan will be covered, which drives health plan-generated authorizations. This session will also review what a clean claim is, why it is important and what the state requirements are for health plans surrounding claim review. This session will also cover what happens when payments do not go as planned. In these situations, it will be important for providers to know their rights and understand the appeal process. In addition to the information above, the session will review how and when providers can gain familiarity with each health plan's payment system before the go-live date. Attendees will be able to ask questions and participate in open dialogue during the training and at the end of the training during the Q&A session. The training webinar will be recorded.
How to Attend
Providers must register for this event; however, same-day registration is allowed. After submitting a registration, providers will receive an email with the link to join the Zoom meeting. Follow these steps to register for and join the meeting:
1. Go to the webinar registration page at: https://nasuad.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEtc-ypqjwjGNwe4I4SZF2okM4V-0w7Dyk5.
2. Enter the required information, including your name, email address, city, organization name, number of employees and provider type.
3. Click the Register button.
4. Check for an email with the link to the Zoom meeting, and click the link provided.
5. Click the Open Zoom Meetings button in the dialog box. If you do not see a dialog box, click the Launch Meeting button.
6. Enter your email address and name in the Zoom dialog box.
7. Click the Join Webinar button. The meeting will open in your internet browser.
For those who cannot attend the webinar, a recording of the webinar will be posted later on the Inform Indiana page at advancingstates.org.