About this Event
The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) is partnering with ADvancing States to incorporate provider feedback and resume training webinars this fall with more useful and meaningful content for Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) long-term services and supports (LTSS) providers.
In today's system, HCBS LTSS providers enter into a contract with Indiana Medicaid when they become an IHCP provider. In the future, these providers will also have the option to enter into a contract with health plans. When the time comes to negotiate a contract with a health plan, it is important to know that every provider and health plan partnership is different. Today, providers do not negotiate contracts with Indiana Medicaid, but this shifts when working with health plans. The "Contracting with Health Plans" session will help providers navigate various types of contracts or agreements. Also, providers will learn about the life cycle and time frames of the contracting process within a new system. This session will address key areas of a typical contract, such as effective dates, termination dates, data-sharing requirements, and when, how and under which conditions payments occur. It is critical that providers fully understand all parts of the agreement and what happens when the contract is not fulfilled. Knowing these details will help set the stage for success. Attendees will be able to ask questions and participate in open dialogue during the training and at the end of the training during the Q&A session. The training webinar will be recorded.
How to Attend
Providers must register for this event; however, same-day registration is allowed. After submitting a registration, providers will receive an email with the link to join the Zoom meeting. Follow these steps to register for and join the meeting:
1. Go to the webinar registration page at: https://nasuad.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0qc-6urT8vHdfXRa-xKCXTiyIPJg71Z8my.
2. Enter the required information, including your name, email address, city, organization name, number of employees and provider type.
3. Click the Register button.
4. Check for an email with the link to the Zoom meeting, and click the link provided.
5. Click the Open Zoom Meetings button in the dialog box. If you don't see a dialog box, click the Launch Meeting button.
6. Enter your email address and name in the Zoom dialogue box.
7. Click the Join Webinar button. The meeting will open in your internet browser.
For those who cannot attend the webinar, a recording of the webinar will be posted later on the Inform Indiana page accessible from advancingstates.org.