About this Event
Irreverent Warriors events create a network of enduring support by communicating the message:
"Your existence matters."
HEALING THROUGH HUMOR
IRREVERENT: - ir·rev·er·ent - adj. - an inability to take serious things seriously.
Veterans operate differently than most others in the face of tragedy or adversity in that they are more likely to use humor and camaraderie as a coping mechanism. In order to create and maintain this environment of support and understanding, civilians are not allowed to hike in our events.
SILKIES HIKE EVENT
THE ACTUAL HIKE ITSELF IS FOR VETERANS, ACTIVE DUTY, NATIONAL GUARD, AND RESERVISTS ONLY. The Irreverent Warriors Silkies Hikes are a series of therapeutic events across the nation designed to PREVENT veteran suicide by bringing veterans together using humor and camaraderie to improve mental health.
Please keep in mind that this is not an athletic event. The hikes are between 4-10 miles, paced at 2-3 miles per hour. There will be frequent stops for fellowship and food/beverages. Rucks, weight, and boots are optional.
COVID-19 PROCEDURES – In accordance with CDC regulations, temperatures will be taken, and a contact tracing/liability questionnaire will be completed prior to registration. A temperature lower than 101 degrees and a mask is required to be able to participate in the event.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU!
• READ EVENT DETAILS so you know what is expected and are prepared for the event!
• RESPECT OUR MISSION by respecting our rules, policies, and your fellow attendees!
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE on IW Social Media by posting your pictures, videos, and story!
• BE THERE FOR YOUR FELLOW VETERANS and HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT during the event!
• CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE for more information @ www.irreverentwarriors.com