About this Event
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 2023-008 CLOSING DATE: 17 June 2023
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
UNIT: HHC, 54th Security Force Assistance Brigade
MILITARY GRADE: E7/SFC
DUTY TITLE: Senior Paralegal Specialist VACANCY: 1
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: YES
PROJECTED ENTRY DATE: 1 July 2023
SOLDIER MUST MEET THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW TO APPLY:
a. Soldier must be in the grade of E6 on current FY EPS list or E7.
b. Soldier must be MOSQ with at least one year of experience in that MOS in a leadership position.
c. If not MOSQ for position, Soldier must be willing to attend MOSQ course within 24 months of acceptance of position.
d. Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. Paralegal specialists must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating of light.
(2) A physical profile of 222121.
(3) Qualifying scores:
(a) A minimum score of 110 in aptitude area CL in Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002.
(b) A minimum score of 107 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004.
(c) A minimum score of 105 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 July 2004.
(4) Successful display of typing a minimum of 25 words per minute (WPM) or with a typing test administered with industry-standard computer software (e.g. Mavis Beacon).
(5) Must have, at a minimum, a General Equivaliency Diploma (GED).
(6) A security eligibility of SECRET is required for the initial award and to maintain the MOS.
(a) Requirement for a SECRET eligibility is effective 1 June 2005 for all new accessions.
(b) Requirement for a SECRET eligibility is effective 1 October 2008 for all Soldiers holding MOS 27D who entered service prior to 1 June 2005.
(7) The Soldier must be a U.S. citizen.
(a) Requirements to be a U.S. citizen is effective 1 June 2005 for all new accessions into MOS D27.
(b) Requirement to be a U.S. citizen is effective 1 October 2008 for all Soldiers holding MOS 27D who entered service prior to 1 June 2005.
(8) No court-martial conviction or punishment under formal Article 15 proceedings. (Formal Article 15 waivable by HQDA (AHRC-EPM-A) with OTJAG approval).
(9) No record of civil conviction other than minor traffic offenses. (Minor non-traffic offense civil conviction waivable by HQDA (AHRC-EPM-A), with OTJAG approval.)
(10) No record of lost time under 10 U.S.C. 972, see appendix 3, MCM. (Waivable by HQDA (AHRC-EPM-A) with OTJAG approval.)
(11) No pattern of undesirable behavior as evidenced by civilian or military record.
(12) No record of conviction by special or general courts-martial or civilian courts of offenses listed in AR 27-10 (Military Justice), chapter 24 or otherwise required to register as a sexual offender under AR 27-10, chapter 24.
(13) Formal training (completion of full 10 week, 3 day, MOS 27D course, 512-27D10, conducted under the auspices of the U.S. Army Quartermaster School, Paralegal Specialist Course)mandatory for all Soldiers. Prior service as a paralegal in sister services does not meet required Army paralegal qualifications. Active Component: available only to SPC(P) and below.
Those promoted after the day of reenlistment/reservation will be trained. For Active Component only, waivers may be granted for SGTs through SSG non-promotable. Army Reserve and National Guard: Available only to SGT and below. For Army Reserve and National Guard only, waivers may be granted for SSG through MSG. All requests for waiver may be submitted to OTJAG, Regimental Command Sergeant Major, ATTN: DAJA-RCSM.
(14) Paralegal certification by The Judge Advocate General (TJAG), per Army Regulation(AR) 27-1, Judge Advocate Legal Services.
(a) Soldier must have three (3) years and time remaining in-service upon arrival at assignment or be able to reenlist or extend to meet the requirement.
(b) Soldier must not be on suspension of favorable personnel actions for any reason and have no personal habits or character traits that are questionable from a security standpoint.
(c) Must meet all requirements for SFAB per MILPER Message 22-371 to include attending SFAB Assessment and Selection.
Apply for the position utilizing the DA Form 4187. In the Remarks block, list the proper job announcement, two (2) contact telephone numbers, and applicant's current mailing address. Attach a copy of the Soldier's most recent DA form 705, a current DA Form 5500 or 5501, or a memorandum of compliance that the Soldier is within height and weight standards of AR 600-9. Please include the current height and weight in the memorandum.
Submit completed applications by closing date on the announcement to:
Headquarters, Indiana National Guard
ATTN: NGIN-PEA-P, SSG Guthrie
2002 South Holt Road
Indianapolis, IN 46241-4839
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE of 17 JUN23 WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
Direct any questions concerning this announcement to SFC Aden Ben-Hameda. See all users email or SharePoint for extension and email.